Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BANDIT crash on Windows (MSYS+CMake build)
(08-28-2020, 08:24 PM)drbillc Wrote: With all write statements commented out in BANDIT, no bdf SEQGP entries will be generated and therefore no grid re-sequencing will occur. Maybe a more acceptable option would be just to remove BANDIT from MYSTRAN but everyone must realize that, without grid re-sequencing, problem size can be severely limited. However, this may make it obvious that the addition of a sparse solver, where BANDIT won't be needed anymore, is imperative.

BTW, NASTRAN-95 uses a modified version of the original BANDIT code (modified to fit the NASTRAN code style and I/O)

I fully agree that adding a sparse solver is high priority.

However, just to clarify, I didn't comment out all the write statements, only some "offending ones".
They all seem to be diagnostics messages written to IOU6 (bandit.out) and IOU8 (bandit.f08).
I ran some tests to see what effect their absence would have on both OSes.

On Linux, the SEQGP cards are indeed still generated, as per the output BANDIT files.
MYSTRAN proceeds normally.

On Windows, BANDIT sometimes fails to run for another reason (code 4?), but does not cause a crash.
MYSTRAN reports the BANDIT failure and proceeds otherwise normally.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BANDIT crash on Windows (MSYS+CMake build) - by borges - 08-28-2020, 08:41 PM