Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intel Compile
Notes from Robert K:

A quick note to keep you apprised of my progress. Don’t know if I am plowing the same ground or telling you things that you already know, but here goes, FYI, for whatever use you can make of it.

Now that I am clear on the issue with INTEL MKL libraries, I was able to run that issue down and get them linked in and get the program successfully linked. I did it as a Windows x64 executable. (Running on Windows 10.)

It only seemed to need 3 of the INTEL libraries. I don’t know how my versions of the MKL library (that came with INTEL Parallel Studio XE 2020 Composer Edition for Fortran) compare with what you were using in the past. Perhaps not the end-all solution, but at least it allows me to get it all linked and running while you continue to work on removing the need for the MKL.

I ran the program against the all-elem-test example file, and it seemed to have no difficulty at all. A quick perusal of the output it generated didn’t spot anything amiss, but I haven’t had a chance to study it in depth.

I had to do a few small things to the source code to get it all to compile. These appear to be due to minor differences between how Lahey and INTEL handled things. A list of what I did is in the attached Word document.

I had to add in one new simple function to resolve the call to GETCL. It is attached. Feel free to do with it what you will. All it does is turn around and call INTEL Fortran’s built-in function for getting the command line. I presume that there is not a universal way to communicate with the operating environment that would work the same for Lahey, gFortran and INTEL? (That would be too easy.)

The reason for my changing the file extensions is that INTEL is a bit persnickety about that and uses the file extension to determine whether the source is free format or not. Unless I am missing something, it shouldn’t be a big deal to convert those few fixed format source files to free format, so we could use just one extension. I can do that for you, if you’d like.

Hopefully this is of some net positive help.

https://www.mystran.com/docs/K2_GETCL.f90
https://www.mystran.com/docs/Modificatio...STRAN.docx

Messages In This Thread
Intel Compile - by Admin - 01-15-2020, 08:03 PM
RE: Intel Compile - by Admin - 01-15-2020, 11:34 PM
RE: Intel Compile - by drbillc - 01-16-2020, 12:08 AM
RE: Intel Compile - by drbillc - 01-21-2020, 12:18 AM
RE: Intel Compile - by Admin - 01-21-2020, 03:03 AM
RE: Intel Compile - by Admin - 01-21-2020, 04:10 AM
RE: Intel Compile - by Admin - 01-27-2020, 12:49 AM
RE: Intel Compile - by Admin - 01-30-2020, 12:50 AM
RE: Intel Compile - by Admin - 05-13-2020, 02:02 AM