Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Femap with Mystran
I just discovered that I had glue contacts in my model and few of the issues were due to these. I somehow managed to miss these before. I was so concentrated on the local results I didn't notice few glued parts were thrown into a space to 1.2E+10 distance... For Nastran I would have expected this to come up as no-go (fatal error) but Mystran didn't complain at all and happily finished the run (which is good).

So the scaling of the contour levels was correct but I failed to notice this until observed the NEU file content a bit closer. When the undeformed shape was observed the rotation could be done and even the element transparency was not found.

I will prepare a bit simpler model without glue contacts and submit this model file for you. The stress results may differ because Nastran input file has a bit different format for STRESS than Mystran. Nastran default (I suppose) is corner results but Mystran is center and since the format is different Mystran doesn't understand Nastran format and overrides it with the default. But we will see how it turns out.

Messages In This Thread
Femap with Mystran - by SamiH. - 02-17-2021, 09:22 AM
RE: Femap with Mystran - by borges - 02-17-2021, 09:39 PM
RE: Femap with Mystran - by SamiH. - 02-18-2021, 12:05 PM