Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intel Compile
EDIT: See this thread for the most current: https://www.mystran.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2

This is the initial findings from an attempt at compiling with Intel (note: this was not the Admin's effort, but was done by someone else):
------------------------

So, I thought I'd give things a whirl and see what happened if I tried to compile and link using Intel Fortran integrated into Visual Studio 2019.  I presumed that at some point, you'd like to have it so it would compile and link using several different flavors of Fortran.  So, maybe a good thing to try.

I had a few compilation issues owing to minor differences between how Lahey and Intel view things, but got past them OK.  We can discuss that more at some later point.  Back in the day, I had developed some techniques to make my Fortran code mostly (but not completely) agnostic to the compiler vendor.

But, during the linking phase, I encountered several missing references.  They are noted in the attached file that Intel Fortran generated.

I suspect one of two possibilities occurred:

1. Not all of the source code was in the ZIP file that I downloaded.  (or perhaps I missed something somewhere).
2. I included some files in the link list that shouldn't have been included.  (I just included all the source code files I found in the directory hierarchy.) (I didn't try to un-ravel any of the Lahey-specific documents to try to discern what the link list actually was.)

https://www.mystran.com/misc/BuildLog.htm

Messages In This Thread
Intel Compile - by Admin - 01-15-2020, 08:03 PM
RE: Intel Compile - by Admin - 01-15-2020, 11:34 PM
RE: Intel Compile - by drbillc - 01-16-2020, 12:08 AM
RE: Intel Compile - by drbillc - 01-21-2020, 12:18 AM
RE: Intel Compile - by Admin - 01-21-2020, 03:03 AM
RE: Intel Compile - by Admin - 01-21-2020, 04:10 AM
RE: Intel Compile - by Admin - 01-27-2020, 12:49 AM
RE: Intel Compile - by Admin - 01-30-2020, 12:50 AM
RE: Intel Compile - by Admin - 05-13-2020, 02:02 AM