Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failure Theory values
Hello,

I'm using Mystran to test some composite structures, and I need the value of the Failure Theory layer by layer.

Is it possible to output the values for the Failure Theory index for all elements/layer? From the output, one can only get min and max at the summary.

Regards,
Filipe Silva
It is possible, but I am not sure how useful that would be. In almost all real world cases, ply-based failure criteria are not effective. In fact, I would specifically advise against adding this feature in since it is very misleading. Incorporation of these failure theories into commercial FEA programs has lead to a lot of issues regarding how to analyze practical composite structures.
(10-01-2021, 04:21 AM)Admin Wrote: It is possible, but I am not sure how useful that would be. In almost all real world cases, ply-based failure criteria are not effective. In fact, I would specifically advise against adding this feature in since it is very misleading. Incorporation of these failure theories into commercial FEA programs has lead to a lot of issues regarding how to analyze practical composite structures.

Thank you for your reply.